Monday, May 4, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Theo is blossoming and it's wonderful to see. He was scared when he first came to stay--two weeks ago tomorrow--but he's really coming into his own and is a funny guy. He's amazingly accepting of the rules of the house (can't come on the bed--yes a chin on the blanket is allowed--we get our paws wiped before we get treats...) and sweet through and through.

Theo has anointed himself the neighborhood greeter. Once afraid of men, the sweet boy boldly approaches anyone--man, woman, child, other dog--and sits, blocking his way, wagging his tail, awaiting a pet. If the man, woman or child avoids him (how he could, I can't imagine), T looks briefly bewildered ('Did she not notice how cute I am?') before turning to greet the next person/dog. If he happens to notice a person too far ahead of us to reach, T bays in greeting ('Wait up! You gotta pet me!') Some have turned, alarmed. When they see me cracking up, they realize Theo is not in pain or angry, but just a character.

He's a big nester and has chosen my closet as his newest nest. I cannot stop laughing when I see his little head poking out from under the dry cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment