Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sweet Boy's Wish Came True!

So sorry for the delay. We just kept getting donations and as all the money goes to help dogs and cats in need, how could we say no? At the end of the day, we raised more than $800!! How cool is that? Last night, as promised, non-HT/non-me affiliated folks picked the winning raffle numbers as a bunch of dogs and people sat around drinking white wine and enjoying chocolate.

Most wonderfully of all, Sweet Boy "Velvet Ears" Theo's new mom picked the grand prize number when Theo was picked up from my place to go to his Forever Home.

Yes, SBVET is now a citizen of Capitol Hill, DC. He took his new friend "Peeg," a pink squeaky toy pig he found on a walk and loves to bits, with him. When he left, I managed not to cry. A friend texted, 'Is Bella sad?' To which I replied, 'Yes, because he took Peeg!"

Seriously, we are both sad--though so happy for T-Bone and Peeg.

As the three (four, if you include Peeg) headed out my door and into the night, Theo's new dad assured me Theo would be well cared for. I replied, "I have no doubt."

We love you Sweet Boy and wish you and your wonderful parents a great life. (And hope you'll keep Sweet Boy's many fans updated here on his blog!)

WINNING NUMBERS TO BE POSTED TOMORROW!! KEEP AN EYE OUT!!

A huge thank you to all who donated, all who bought raffles and all who cheered on Sweet Boy as he went through the trials of medical testing and of living with me and Bella. :)

And for those looking for a new adventure to follow...check out winstonwantsahome.blogspot.com. Bella and I have lucked into another fantastic foster!

No comments:

Post a Comment